Making 1.8 VTi pull better after 90mph>

Be18again

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the exhaust to me is the major restriction. found mine to feel so much better after changing it. manifold, de cat and exhaust.

after reading some of john's posts also the ecu is pretty poor i.e the map

Considering stripping the interior (everything behind the front seats) and changing the front seats to lightweights.

So, am I right in saying the best mods I could do are:

S80 'box

ECU swap

Integra TR airbox and filter?

All other mods would lose power?

Or do they only lose power if mapping isn't optimal for modifications applied?

my vti-s has an oem middle and rear exhaust, de resonated airbox with loads of 8mm holes drilled in the front half, decat and some decent plug leads and an s4c ek9 gearbox and it pulls hard all the way to the limiter in fifth without problem

If you are really worried about making sure everything you do making a difference you must have the ecu mapped each time anything is done.

Changing the intake.....the air/fuel mix will change so that needs a re-map, same goes for all other changes. The standard ecu is designed to run the engine as it is, start messing with things and you will probably loose power.

Only thing which wont need a re-map really is changing the gearbox which is a must if you want faster acceleration out of it ek9 or ek4 boxes are the ones to get I think

Archived