Suspension - who's tried what?

tontvti

I've been looking for MB specific suspension and got the list below so far. If anyone has tried the different kits or found a review please post up.

I mainly want to know if the PISK1907 kit is any good, its cheap :mrgreen:

Lowering kits

PI Suspension Kit 1907 £280 lowers 35mm

Koni sport kit £415 lowers 35mm

Koni street kit £283 lowers 35mm

Gmax £435 lowers 40mm

Coilovers

D2 RS £560 viewtopic.php?f=16&t=591

AVO GTZ400/ 402 £550

KW V1 kit for Civic (MA/MB) [10250010] £877

KW V2 kit for Civic (MA/MB) [15250010] £1061

KW V3 kit for Civic (MA/MB) [35250010] £1258

BC Br Racing £580

HSD £700 (ish) viewtopic.php?f=29&t=108

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I run KW V3 on the MB. height,bump and rebound adjustable.

Reason for choice is becuase of quality and adjustable damping for road and track use. chose this over normal shock and springs becuase of adjustable ride height.

Quality is top notch! nothing cheap about it. being stanless steel it doest rust. had mine for 3 years and not a hint of rust anywhere on the shocks.

Ride qualty can be changed depending on requirement. I find it comfortable enough for the roads and can be easily firmed up when needed.

Bit pricey i know, but i highly recommend KW. My brother runs V3 on his Sti and cousin runs the V2 on his superchared corolla tsport.

well to say the truth i had jamex on mine. they wernt bad. still had that lowered handling but still comrortable.

i have d2 coilovers on mine and its pretty low as the moment. they are bouncy but not over the place. they are really good when it comes to pushing it. but i have heard very good things from KW's but they are pricey!

I currently have KW V.3's on mine. I've had them for about 3 months so I can't comment on their reliability/durability but I haven't heard or read about any issues in this regard.

I chose KW's because they aren't rock solid like quite a few coilover sets, are great quality, MB specific and have plenty of adjustment options. I haven't tried any other coilovers but I think these have an excellent balance for fast road use. Furthermore they're from a European supplier so if anything does go wrong service should be much easier / quicker than D2 or Tein.

I have not yet tried the bump / rebound adjustment but the first looks like it could be a fiddly. You have to put an allen key through the bottom of the shock and fiddle around a bit until you've found the adjustment hole. I'm not sure whether any other sets would be easier though.

I run koni sports shocks from the kit and cobra springs. the front went down 35mm and the rear went down 60mm using the lower seat perch on the shock. After months of driving the heights settled another 5mm lower.

The koni springs that came part of the kit lowered more than 35mm - I spoke to Paul at Koni who said 40mm. But when we fitted them to my mates mb6 the front and rear went down approx 50mm.

If I was you get koni shocks and either cobra, H&R or eibachs. If you want coilovers then KWs V2 or V3 for the money.

A quick note on the Eibach springs: Its well documented the front lowers 1 inch too much. So to fix this either fit a 1 inch spacer or lift the spring seat to the higher position on the front shocks.

I run koni sports shocks from the kit and cobra springs. the front went down 35mm and the rear went down 60mm using the lower seat perch on the shock. After months of driving the heights settled another 5mm lower.

The koni springs that came part of the kit lowered more than 35mm - I spoke to Paul at Koni who said 40mm. But when we fitted them to my mates mb6 the front and rear went down approx 50mm.

If I was you get koni shocks and either cobra, H&R or eibachs. If you want coilovers then KWs V2 or V3 for the money.

A quick note on the Eibach springs: Its well documented the front lowers 1 inch too much. So to fix this either fit a 1 inch spacer or lift the spring seat to the higher position on the front shocks.

Whats wrong with the koni sport kit as a set? I mean why didnt you use those springs

Archived