Suspension - who's tried what?

tontvti

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read it :P

The koni springs that came part of the kit lowered more than 35mm - I spoke to Paul at Koni who said 40mm. But when we fitted them to my mates mb6 the front and rear went down approx 50mm.

Is that too low??? Stock ground clearance is pretty epic

I read it :P
The koni springs that came part of the kit lowered more than 35mm - I spoke to Paul at Koni who said 40mm. But when we fitted them to my mates mb6 the front and rear went down approx 50mm.

Is that too low??? Stock ground clearance is pretty epic

I have been playing around with the height adjustment of my MB6 and have had it at approx. 4 to 4,5 cm lower than standard (one finger between top of tire and arch in front). What I found was that it was manageable when driving around alone (if you take speed bumps patiently) but as soon as I had some passengers it would hit. First the tow hooks in front would hit the speed bump, even at snale pace, and if you were unlucky the bottom would scrape until the rears were over the bump. When going off the bump sometimes even the rear tow hook would hit it. If I would put my suspension to rock solid it might help a bit.

I have now raised her so she's approximately 3,5 cm. lower and thusfar it seems to be perfect, even with 3 passengers of which 2 could be described as obese, as long as you take speed bumps slowly.

This is how she's currently sitting:

DSC_0041-edited.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I used P.I. matched springs on my Aerodeck (40mm drop) and they are spot on. I can't fault them at all. Very good ride height, not too stiff at all. When loaded they don't sag. They transformed the handling for normal fast road use without compromising the Honda comfort. Stock dampers are retained.

• 2 months later...

So most recommended are;

Koni sport shocks/eibach springs £400 + £200

D2 RS coilovers £550

BC coilovers £550

KW's £££

We must be able to get good suspension < £300, all we need is a progressive spring and a decent damper.

Anyone tried Jamex Xtreme coilovers £300, Jamex shocks/springs, or the ebay £200 coilovers :?:

Archived