temp needle

belfastlad123

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

never put the stat in mate the fan isent coming on at all let the car tic over to the temp needle was about 3/4 the way up and never came on .

both hoses are warm now bottom one isent as warm as the top one tho ..

think the wire has broke some where ,goina wait to wednesday and get my mate to check and see if there power getting the the fan .will sort it out from there lol

my mate bypassed the fan switch today and i ordered the new switch will get that tomarro and hopefully get all the parts i have lying around in on sat if all goes well .thank god i got that bypassed because driving with the heaters on full wack on a warm day is crap .cheers for replies

• 2 weeks later...

@belfastlad123 did you get it sorted? I ask because Ive got same model as you (MB3) with similar type of thing happening. Went to get the thermostat changed, mechanic revved the sh** out of it & got the fan to kick in & said these cars run hot & nothing wrong with the thermostat.

We do run hot dude but I would get the stat changed for how much it costs. Sounds closed shut mate. Or just take it out for a bit, you will know straight away if it is.

Sorry that was @ acivic, don't know you if you had tried that dude.

Archived