rear strut brace

wezza9

thanks weetec ordered lol :D

i have the c pillar one :D (not fitted the bar till i have every thing

both will need powder coating soon as i get the strut brace

1"£££$££" 1"£££$££" 1"£££$££"! 1"£££$££" 1"£££$££"! 1"£££$££" 1"£££$££"! 1"£££$££" 1"£££$££"! 1"£££$££"!!

• 1 month later...
thanks weetec ordered lol :D

i have the c pillar one :D (not fitted the bar till i have every thing

both will need powder coating soon as i get the strut brace

1"£££$££" 1"£££$££" 1"£££$££"! 1"£££$££" 1"£££$££"! 1"£££$££" 1"£££$££"! 1"£££$££" 1"£££$££"! 1"£££$££"!!

Can u tell me where you bought the c-piller strut from..?? any links ..??

Cheers

Nav

I chose to weld one across the rear suspension top mounts, then diagonal (both ways) from the 5mm plate I welded to the suspension mount to either seat belt top anchor points.

It cost the cost of the metal and the time to cut and weld.

I was put of by these bars with a bit of thread as they look like they could flex a fair bit.

The chaps who still race the zs saloons tend not to bother with upper rear bracing so much, but weld directly across the rear lower arm mounts, welding direct rather than bars and bolts.

I had a hatch, which isn't as stiff as a saloon, so I chose to cross brace as well.

all depends how much of a standard looking car you are willing to sacrifice for cornering ability, but to be honest, I wouldn't bother unless you are going to trackday it.

You would be better of with zs180 suspension and rear arb first - assuming you haven't already done this?

I chose to weld one across the rear suspension top mounts, then diagonal (both ways) from the 5mm plate I welded to the suspension mount to either seat belt top anchor points.

It cost the cost of the metal and the time to cut and weld.

I was put of by these bars with a bit of thread as they look like they could flex a fair bit.

The chaps who still race the zs saloons tend not to bother with upper rear bracing so much, but weld directly across the rear lower arm mounts, welding direct rather than bars and bolts.

I had a hatch, which isn't as stiff as a saloon, so I chose to cross brace as well.

all depends how much of a standard looking car you are willing to sacrifice for cornering ability, but to be honest, I wouldn't bother unless you are going to trackday it.

You would be better of with zs180 suspension and rear arb first - assuming you haven't already done this?

Naa i wanna keep it standard looking i think... may be one day i might get one just to do track day may then...but for now as u said arbs and sus..

I got the rear arbs of MGZS now suspension...tht i havent got..

just out of curiosity.. is that a straight refit on the MB6 or mod's needed..??

Will the ZS180 suspension be stiffer than the standard MB6 one..?? or Simple question how much better is it compared to standard MB6..??

Cheers

Nav

cheap rear eg civic one does the job..approx £30...you have to twist the brackets a bit to make it fit...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CIVIC-VTi-C ... 53de899cd1

how twisted are talking here...

we are talking these ones rite.. any pics of one of these fitted...and are these the dc2 rear struts..??

reaarstrutdc2.jpg

this is no DC2 rear strut, that looks quite the same as the front strut.

I also twisted the mounting point somewhat of a cheap EG strutbar. Does the job fine!

Archived