noise when moving off??????

s11aba

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it happens in every gear change so when i lift the clucth back up biting point of the clucth

Off topic but are you the guy with the vti-s with the Advan logo on the wing? leather seats etc, if so i know someone who's after your car (in a few weeks when insurance is due)

yeh that me wer u from bro

Warwick road. If you were selling yours before i got mine i would have had it off ya! my mates getting a trade policy in a few weeks so he'll be on the hunt for a VTi-S, I've seen yours on pistonheads so if he buy's mine then i'll come see you 8-)

As above, I would think the thrust bearing is on its way out mate. Does it only do it when pulling away? Or can you hear a noise when you press the clutch pedal down when out of gear? Any difficulties changing/selecting gears?

You could also have a look under the car and check around the gearbox for signs of oil leaks.....might be the clutch itself has got contaminated if theres any small leaks within.

If it is the thrust/clutch release bearing, then I'd be changing the clutch while you've got the box out bud, saves time having to do it al lagain further down the line ;)

sounds to me like either the thrust bearing has failed completely, or the clutch cylinder is faulty? Is there plenty fluid in the clutch resevoir mate?

Archived