MGZS 180 shocks with aftermarket lowering springs.

jamezzz

i spoken to darrell at moto-build and he swears blind they are a good product on track, however dont know about road use. id imagine a few bad potholes would easily send the camber out. never-ending...i may learn to do my own tracking with box n string thingy...may work out cheaper in long run.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yer mate to hard on my already worn teeth :0( would stay clear!!

had my GEO test done free at sts tyres huntergauge laser ect get print out then DIY :0)

these will fit dc2 and civic eg which is 92-95, designed for top arms with forks.

You should have no issue using these with zs top arms which are cheap as chips on fleabay.

not sure if they'll work with civic 5 top arms, thought they were different???

i spoken to darrell at moto-build and he swears blind they are a good product on track, however dont know about road use. id imagine a few bad potholes would easily send the camber out. never-ending...

I trackday a ZS, and I can tell you you need much stiffer springs than these for the track, around 500lb springs, I doubt the moto build are much more than 300.

you would end up rolling round the corners on the edge of the tyres.

450lb front & 500 rear are still bearable on the road even on 18's - don't get me wrong, its no smooth ride, but its a fair compromise between good for track and bearable for the road.

If you spoke to gaz, they would be pushing you towards 600lb springs, probably 2.5-3 times stiffer than motobuild!

• 3 weeks later...

spoken to darrell at motobuild and he refused to sell me the springs once he realised they were for a civic on ZS dampers...he said the spring rates were totally inadequate for engine weight for a civic and said i would only ask for a refund going off his experience...i cant fault him for honesty...recommended i tried jamex. their on the car now and what a hell of a difference they make...sat much lower than MB dampers and ride is comfortable...way better than before...

i will be going for Eibach or Tein springs later because from my experience the damper will be doing a lot of the work as the Jamex are only budget springs...could do with a stiffer spring to share the workload and increase the life of the damper as the jamex killed my MB dampers in no time soon after fitting...pics to follow...

pics of MGZS dampers with stock MGZS spring and pic of same damper with Jamex spring...

note; the rear are MB dampers with jamex springs only...

although the MGZS complete kit ie damper/spring side by side is actually smaller in comparison to the MB shock with jamex spring on the car it is actually higher...so i installed the MGZS damper with jamex spring and here we have it...its definetly lower than the MB damper with jamex spring...

MGZS damper/jamex spring

Photo001_002.jpg

MB damper with jamex spring

Photo003.jpg

a noticable difference in spring size too...MG spring is way thicker.

Sorted, looks good mate good combo until the better springs would go for the progresive eibach bit softer take up when cornering but dont know int tried so?? 8-)

Archived