MGZS 180 shocks with aftermarket lowering springs.

jamezzz

for now im sticking to standard set-up at the moment...its great to fly over speed bumps and pot-holes...looks is one thing but comfort is another. if in future i come across a set of tein or eibach springs i may change my mind, but i personally think the jamex are a budget spring...definetly cant argue with the cost compared to eibach :o ..i am worried they may ruin the dampers. cheers guys for the info...

1"£££$££"

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
for now im sticking to standard set-up at the moment...its great to fly over speed bumps and pot-holes...looks is one thing but comfort is another. if in future i come across a set of tein or eibach springs i may change my mind, but i personally think the jamex are a budget spring...definetly cant argue with the cost compared to eibach :o ..i am worried they may ruin the dampers. cheers guys for the info...

1"£££$££"

+1 mate will stick to standard mg but 35mm is ok and tested as above post it for me as not payd up member will pm you ;)

sent you link 35mm for 180 mgzs lowers 35mm motor- build- racing 139£ ;) on ebay

but have herd just toooo stiff :|

same as mg/dc the washers go on inside to inner wing

would post link for all but will be shot :lol:angrymod.gif1

sorry, thought you meant camber arms.

yes, jamex are budget.

I inquired about motobuild springs, but he couldn't tell me the lb/rates, other than they are 25% or so stiffer. they are not manufactured by motobuild, but by another spring manufacturer - can't remember now, but did find out.

as long as your damping is well matched to the spring rates, it can be both firm and comfy - a good example is the bmw 535d m sport, a heavy diesel motor with 2 turbos, yet a solid suspension that doesn't roll, yes it is stiff, but a true inter-continent mile cruncher (I know, I own one, and toured europe effortlessly in a similar 530d which didn't break a sweat at 150mph, another firm car, both with runfalt tyres which have no give in the sidewalls at all.)

If you have the cash,adjustable dampers are the best way to go with stiffer springs, you can probably go a lot stiffer and still not compromise too much on ride if the bump/rebound is set correctly to match the spring rates.

ps they do a 35 and 20mm for mgz180 at motor build racing sent you the link

taking mgzs 25 lower shocks set up.

also,

as you say above on 17s the looks and rubbing issues are fine on standard mg with 17s

dont know about 35/20 mm drop would mean +60mm 45 max thats Very low!!!! :twisted:

With mgzs180 with the lowering springs

if that makes any sense :oops:

but as you say on 17s looks and rubbing issues are fine

No rubbing with either of the above on 17s? Please send me link if so.

but as you say on 17s looks and rubbing issues are fine

No rubbing with either of the above on 17s? Please send me link if so.

no mate with mgzs and 17s :oops:

will send you the link though

taking mgzs 25 lower shocks set up.

also,

as you say above on 17s the looks and rubbing issues are fine on standard mg with 17s

dont know about 35/20 mm drop would mean +60mm 45 max thats Very low!!!! :twisted:

With mgzs180 with the lowering springs

if that makes any sense :oops:

edited :oops:

Archived