MGZS 180 shocks with aftermarket lowering springs.

jamezzz

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting the photo's Wezza! What a lovely lookin' MB6! This is exactly the info I was looking for! What drop did the Jamex springs state?

very true it does i have not done them yet but i am going to get the bits for camber adjustment i am going for the mgzs motobuild bits for the front

not sure on the setting at the min i may find out today

the mg zs stuff from moto build is integra dc2 gear.

The buddyclub dc2 arms are better made than japspeed and all the other cheaper stuff.

the buddy club go 3degree negative, but they do some other 'race' arms that go 5 degree, they may just be the same arms but elongated slots to allow more negative? don't actually know...

changing the rear ties for adjustable helps also.

I run 2 degree negative rear and 3 degree negative front and the car is something else in the corners, even on the road the turn in amazing.

All the parts I used were DC2 parts.

put the DC2 arms on the wrong sides, swapped, this gives better castor which helps turn in.

read can just put 2mm washers behind camber arms for 45mm drop

so 22.5 mm drop +1mm washer ect.

will tweek soon 1"£££$££"!!

hmmm. my concern is now iv bought new dampers (MGZS) although they are designed for heavier engine weight, strange how they are smaller, bring the car to allmost standard height....

1, by installing aftermarket springs, what are the likely chances of ruining the dampers???

2, are we saying the best mod is MGZS dampers with aftermarket springs???

any help, its just i would not prefer to ruin a set of dampers by installing lowering springs...i thought the whole idea of changing to MGZS set-up was to benefit from smaller damper set-up with matching tuned springs.

mg will take lower spring than mb, as its shorter unit and wil be better 40-50mm , spring is for exact vehicle weight

front and rear,mgzs is ok with mg springs ect but as we know ;)

if you lower 40-55mm on mb dampers will prob bottom and break. sign_bump.gif1

mg dampers are a better damper for lower spring and better damping as are gas/oil eibach design.

owning zs's, I wouldn't go much lower than 20ish mm over standard 180 springs.

xpower springs went on standard shocks, but try finding some!

xpower springs were only slightly lower and slightly stiffer.

I struggled to find out MG spring rates or damper rates, and didn't, but the bump/rebound seems firm on the shocks, at a guess going stiffer shouldn't be too much of an issue, as for lower, keep it sensible.

I fill the arches with 17 or 18 rims rather than dropping the thing, even the trackday zs runs fairly close to standard road height (within 25mm) as even with some stiff spring rates the 235 17's (ex btcc rubber) can rub on the top insides under heavy cornering, but should be a prob with smaller 15's or 16's mind.

read can just put 2mm washers behind camber arms for 45mm drop

so 22.5 mm drop +1mm washer ect.

will tweek soon 1"£££$££"!!

where do you put the washers?

or does the civic 5 have different top arm bush setup to the dc2? (which is what the zs is the same as)

(DC2 top arms are forks onto the bushes rather than integral bushes)

sent you link 35mm for 180 mgzs lowers 35mm /OR 20mm on special order>motor- build- racing 139£ ;) on ebay

but have herd just toooo stiff :|

same as mg/dc the washers go on inside to inner wing

would post link for all but will be shot :lol:angrymod.gif1

Archived