headlight glue recommendations?

weetec

Hi people, just de-tangoed my headlights...can anyone recommend a good sealant/adhesive?..i know you can re-use the old stuff but i cleaned it all off because it was all manky.cheers.

he has a point like, ive done a few headlights in the oven and its always been mega sticky even after a few goes at it. I always find that i have some bits where its gone all stringy and then left gaps though, and used tigerseal quite effectively. its a glue as well as a sealant so does both jobs, but dont get it on your paintwork as its a pig to get off.

i has no choice...i didnt want to chance lights misting up etc...well i bought some stuff better than sika-flex...it would be handy to know what the standard stuff is...tried many contacts...no ones spilling the beanz....thanks guys for the help...really appreciate it :D

too late peoples.....done the dastardly deed and sealed them using sika-flex...i was very generous with the stuff too...b****r them if i need to open them again...wrapped them tight with cable ties till it goes off...well have to wait and see what happens.

Ive used silkaflex in the past too with good results. Takes a good 48 hours to cure properly though. Triple check you havent missed any bits as if you get water inside the lights youll get condensation.

Archived