PM26's MB3 Build

pm26

definately! I bet it'll turn up tomorrow when I'm out of the house as well :evil: .

Might visit the scrap yard again to pick up a horn from a Rover, any idea how they sound? At least better than the original anyway!

Hoping to at least get the paint and get the grille finished. I need mesh though, anyone with any ideas where to pick some good stuff up?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annoyingly, I didn't hear the doorbell because I was out the back painting my grille on the deck. The card says wait 24h but I'm going to nip along just before the office shuts in the hope that its back there. I'm hoping its the armrest, but in all honesty I've no idea what part its going to be haha

Grille is looking good though! Got the first coat of paint on (after travelling all over Aberdeen to get the paint code and the paint; Atlantic Blue pearl B99P :D) and the rain is now on, have mustered up some umbrellas though until it drys, then I'll move it into the garage.

For now though I'm just going to work at neatening up the surround, as I've still a few little bits to cut out.

Todays work so far:

IMG_3267AAA.jpg

IMG_3268AAA.jpg

IMG_3269AAA.jpg

IMG_3270AAA.jpg

IMG_3271AAA.jpg

Devotion... or boredom! :D

Another update, been busy today:

Armrest and tweeters! After waiting at the post depot for 45 minutes the guy arrived and I managed to get these off him.

IMG_3272AAA.jpg

Got the armrest installed and finished the guide, found here; http://civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=743

Also got the tweeters installed. Not happy with the quality that I have done them too, hence no guide. But when I eventually upgrade the speakers and tweeters I'm going to wire everything up properly, as my current piggybacks were just a quick job.

I do notice an audible difference though, and I must say its a good one!

IMG_3284AAA.jpg

IMG_3285AAA.jpg

Just some general photos of the car now, nothing too exciting. Grille is the next thing on the menu!

Annoyingly the exposure on all these photos is quite high!

IMG_3286AAA.jpg

IMG_3287AAA.jpg

IMG_3288AAA.jpg

IMG_3289AAA.jpg

IMG_3290AAA.jpg

Love a bit of photography!

To end my day:

IMG_3292AAA.jpg

IMG_3295AAA.jpg

IMG_3296AAA.jpg

IMG_3298AAA.jpg

I'm totally knackared after these past 2 days of working on the car. Namely a sore back from sitting sawing haha.

Hopefully the laquer will be solid tomorrow, and I can get the painted one on in place of the chrome one, then I'll fit the grille and sit back and relax for a while!

At least until the chrome strip for the boot arrives in the mail :D

Itching to get my grille in tomorrow!!!

Hopefully its a nice day and I'll give him a clean and get some good photos taken.

I just hope the grille suits the car.

On that note, does anyone know what bulbs the front indicators are? Planning to get chrome/amber ones to get rid of the tango tinge that the headlights give off.

Oh yeah, and VTI-S lips please :D

Archived