Audio crossover mounting and wiring

Dexter

Thanks Greg. I'm pretty sure i understand what you mean after reading through a couple of times but i already had something else in mind:

Okay let's put a picture of the mid woofers wiring here:

midbassonpiuhat.jpg

There's strangely four wires going into the mids. I was told at a finnish forum that "most probably" 2 of these are the ones coming from the headunit, ja 2 of these go out to the tweeters. For some reason the tweeters are just routed through the mids. So all i gotta do is figure out which are the ones coming from the headunit and wire them to the crossover, and then plug in the mids and tweetas. Does this sound like a good idea?

The wiring is very easy to sort, take door card off, remove old door woofer, trace those wires & they'll interlink with the tweeter wires.

But from what you said, i understood that there are separate wires going to the tweeters from the headunit. If that's the case, what are the extra pair of wires going in to the mids?

Done! Crossovers, tweeters and mids fitted and wired and everything worked out the first try. Cheers, chaps, for all your help.

1"£££$££"

did you do the whole outer skin aswell?

Put one of these behind each mid. Wire them up first, have a listen, then fit it. The different will be stunning

Completely! Well I got 95% covered i reckon. All the way to every edge whenever it was possible. Pic is shot through the big wide hole in the lower edge of the door.

ovisislt.jpg

Archived