exhuast issue-help please!!!

jallen69

sorry if this is in the wrong section. just trying to get as much attention as possible to resolve my problem!

anyway, i've recently bought a new exhuast system but the sports cat that's on it has a different flange to the standard cats. it's just a flat face one, but i need the one with a recess so it will fit properly. if any of that makes sense??

soooo......could i use a adapter like this??

>>>>>>>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TEGIWA-2-0IN-CAT-HEADER-FLANGE-INTEGRA-TYPE-R-JDM-/180558961885?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0a271cdd

or would i have to go down the route of replacing the cat/manifold!!

any advise would be great as i've got people who want to come and view the car!!!

thanks

josh

Just take it to an exhaust place, say make this fit please.

They'll sort it properly. Any slight gaps in an exhaust seal and it'll blow like hell and loose performance, so I'd not take the risk!

Just take it to an exhaust place, say make this fit please.

They'll sort it properly. Any slight gaps in an exhaust seal and it'll blow like hell and loose performance, so I'd not take the risk!

can't drive car, insurance has ran out and it's in bits and pieces as i'm replacing suspenion bushes

can you get a pic of the sports cat the bit that dont fit? i take it wont bolt to the manifold?

it will but i won't create a seal as there to totally different flanges

you need to cut one of the 2 ends off, go to an exhaust making place and get a new end to match one of the ends you have and weld the new end on to the exhaust so everything matchs up . Rich.

Archived