EMERGENCY! Help needed!

RS1T

My friend borrowed my car and while he was out he got mugged, and they took everything including my car keys (The only key fob I've got).

To make matters worse, the car is parked on a residents' permit street which comes into action at 8:00AM tomorrow morning, so I'll get a ticket if I leave it there, or worse, get towed.

I still have one spare key for the car, but however I do not have a fob so I cannot deactivate the alarm system, so the engine probably won't start as the immobiliser will kick in. Also I can't drive with the alarm blaring and hazards flashing for obvious reasons.

Is there any way to stop the alarm? Will disconnecting and reconnecting the battery reset the system? If not, is there a fuse in the box for the alarm?

If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be a godsend.

O dear! Well alarms usually have a back up so even

If you disconect the batt it will still sound, usually louder! If it were me id take my spare key and get some one to tow it to safe ground then sort it tomoz. Depending on which alarm it has if u unlock it with the key and the alarm goes off it will/might deactivate it when you put your ignition on with your coded key. Worth a try. If that dont work snip the wires to the sounder so you can get it home without causing a scene, wouldnt worrie bout the hazzards if plod pulls you just explain. Good luck!

Steve

also get the CASE numberif reported ect as if problems parking tickets ect you will be able to prove this muging and get your parking ticket quashed!!!put a notice on the car if left there for the warden to see also and refrence number if going this route.be handy as well if stoped buy old bill

Sorry to say this mate, the key fob is only to lock the doors and asrm the alarm.

If you use the keys, they do the same thing. You could have just driven it normally.

If you've got the red key, using this will DELETE all known keys and require reprogramming.

I'm not sure of the reprogramming procedure, but you can do it yourself.

Out of safety, I would do this, then your old and stolen key is rendered useless.

John:

For some reason this is not the case on my car. When I unlock the driver's door with the key, it only unlocks the front doors and leaves all the others unlocked. It also does NOT disable the alarm system, as if it was armed by the fob and then opened by key it would set the alarm off.

There must be something I can disconnect to turn the alarm off, or remove it completely.

Are you 100% that your alarm is actually wired to the ignition system?

Quite a few aren't and the immobiliser is literally just down to the programmed key, not the alarm system.

Is it an aftermarket alarm or a Honda Factory fitted one?

Archived