Coaxial or Components?

mb6vti

Ah ok so if I want to replace them then do I go for some custom fit alpines/pioneers?

Reading up on Alpines website says their custom fit speakers are direct replacements for OEM speakers and do not require crossovers.

neither, just a normal speaker

ES models have the tweeter at the top of the door but it just uses a high pass filter bridged from the main door speaker.

The MB6 has components up front and co-axils in the rear.

When you say "normal" speaker, what exactly do you mean?

Ah ok so if I want to replace them then do I go for some custom fit alpines/pioneers?

Reading up on Alpines website says their custom fit speakers are direct replacements for OEM speakers and do not require crossovers.

Are they custom fit for the MB6?

Im not sure where the crossover is for the componets, it could be in line in the speaker cable but might be on the speaker its self in the form of a small capacitor.

Remember you will have to find a way of attaching the speakers to the oem loom. Be it removing the oem connector ( not a great idea if you want to put the oem speakers back in) or somehow get the cable to fit in the oem connector

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about the hatch, but my aerodeck has decent components for front and awful wide-range (not coaxial) for rear. I had pretty good speakers in my jdm civic before, plus soundproof door internals and listening to the front line of the aerodeck it's not worth the effort to replace that with something aftermarket. Not telling it's the same, but not worth changing it. Of course you better trust your ears, not mine :)

Rear speakers is something different. You have to change that cr@p in case it's the same as the aerodeck. Not sure how to do it though, mine are fitted in a really tiny place at the headliner, yours should be easier to get to. I'd go for component if you can think of how to run the cables to the tweeter. Otherwise pick good coaxials and that's it

Archived