hand brake light sometimes comes on

ep82

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so you have checked the float on the brake fluid reservoir

and checked the connection on the handbrake sensor/button for good connects

next check all brake pads for condition both in front and behind the brake disk front and rear

as far as im aware there is no electrical connections on the pads to cause that light to come on they only time that should come on is when the pads are low and when there low your fluid level drops thats why the sensor in the res picks it up and causes it to light up :?:

so if you have eleminated all them there has to be an electrical fault with the clocks have ye checked the back of the clocks for any loose connections :?:

That is what I am going to do today. take the clocks out and check. I am hoping it's the ABS sensor which is effecting the handbrake light. My ABS light is constantly on and I found out it's the drivers rear (waiting on someone to break their MB6 to get a new sensor) The other day I lightly press the brake pdeal and I can feel the ABS knocking, then the handbrake light came on. This was the first time that the light came on during the ABS is kicking in.

I will try to change the sensor and see if this will put the light out.

OK, it's coming on more and more now. and noticed that it comes on within 15 secs. and it's always when I use the brakes for the junction near my house. if it doesnt comes on there and it doesnt come on. When it does come on, then it's always there.

Archived