do i need a remap after fitting decat to my mb3

pete

yes thats right reset the ecu.as follows

drive car to normal temp,run engine till fans cut in,after they turn off,turn off ignition 5 mins, start car and your done. :P

another way..

NOTE: I am not saying this is the only way to reset the ECU. I understand there are many other ways but I have found this way to be easiest and, most importantly, the safest. This was done on a 3rd generation Integra, for 1st and 2nd generations, consult your manual for proper fuse locations. If you still have your stock radio, you will need the security code given to you by your Acura dealer or (hopefully) by the person who sold you the car.

Make sure the car has already been warmed up to normal operating temperature and is turned off. Pop the hood and find the fuse box. It will be on the passenger side next to the battery as you can see in the first picture. Remove the lid and pull out both fuses as pictured in the second picture.

Leave the fuses out for a few minutes to allow all the old data to be wiped out. Plug the fuses back in. It doesn't matter if you plug them in upside down or whatever they don't have any polarity so just make sure you plug the right fuse in the right place and you're all good. Make sure to replace the fuse box cover as well.

Start up the car and let it idle for about 10 minutes. Don't hit the gas pedal during this time. This time allows your ECU to make new data based on how much air it sees coming into. Use this time to reset your radio stations and clock. After 10 minutes is up, turn the car off.

That's it, you're done. Once you start the car up again, the ECU should be aware of the changes to the motor. Have fun!

cheers gona try this out .which fuse do i remove and do i remove it whilst started?

and how do i get the srs light off . cheers

Have a look around the site How to do section :) for info :idea:

Archived