Headlights

ryan..

Hey all,

After the mix up last week and fitting my broken spare pair of lights I now find out they are for a LHD civic (the kick is going the wrong way) so i've decided to bit the bullet and buy some brand new headlights. That way there will be no probems, no wear etc etc

I've noticed you can buy brand new MA headlights with the black surround (the part which gets sprayed black and looks awesome) BUT can you buy MB/MC headlights new with the same done?

Im going to ring Honda at lunch and ask them but just wondering if any of you guys knew?

yea i know how to do that. I've done it to the lights in the car now (which turned out monthsd after i bought them to be broken and LHD lights)

Im going to attempt to fix the adjuster tonight and see how it goes.

Ive contacted Honda and they want £136 each for the headlights but this doesnt include the up/down adjuster (£74 each extra) any screws, rubber backing etc etc. Its a joke what they are charging!

thats wrong^ , you have the right to your money back no doubt of that ?

if you want to clean up headlights its easy

ues either toothpaste or a plastic polish like meguiars plastic x

http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Headlights

i wouldnt worry about getting a clean set as its easy to buff up headlights, getting a functional set would be my worry

thats my worry too tbh

The problem with that set is I only found out about the LHD yesterday and I bought them last august lol

I've got an idea to fix my broken ones. Make a hole in the left over part of the adjuster, fill it with fibreglass resin, put a grub screw in it and fg around the grub screw.

Im going to give it a go tonight and see what happens (bar stink the house out with fg resin lol)

one is broken slightly. The back of the reflector has a cylinder shape sticking out the back which the up/down adjuster fits in. This (un knowing to me) was broken when I bought it and the up/down adjuster doesnt work properly because of this.

The other works fine

Only reason i'd be a bit iffy for selling them on tbh is because shipping would cost a fortune. they cost £12 for internal uk shipping so international will be ridiculous

Archived