Cheaper shockers for MC2

Mental Micky

Hi all, will probably need 2 new rear shocks for my MC2 (1.8VTI aerodeck?) for the mot and looking at some of the forums was wondering if any Rover ones or similar are a straight swap or if not any recomendations for a set of 4.

I read about the MGZT springs on one of the threads from Jordan's informative post "all about lowering" but it looks like they are for the MB6 unless I am misunderstanding.

Price is the main criteria so a pair on straight swap would be preferable but if i end up getting 4 with the side effect of lowering a bit then so be it (if so any potential problems or a straight swap with no tracking changes, etc).

Wheels are standard 15"

Cheers,

Mick

..Yep, be sure to get the mg"ZS" (not zt). If you haven't read it in the other posts, you need the front shocks from the V6 MGZS; the rears are the same on all as far as I know. They will lower about 20mm & so will put camber out very slightly. In an ideal world you could fit adjustable camber arms to compensate, but would otherwise just get a little inner tyre wear. I got brand new fronts for £130 & a very good condition set of rears for £35, still waiting to fit though...!

Thank you all for the advice, sounds brilliant to me, will check out if weetec still has his but it will probably be after Christmass unless i get her ready for the mot before then and she definately needs them, slight leaking but i have dried them off and am hoping they might pass and then i can spend the money after Christmass to get it sorted.

What's the crack with the camber arms are they cheap and straigtforward to fit?

Thanks again, very much appreciated,

Mick

• 4 weeks later...
yep, i still have mine, i paid £245 new and worth every penny. looking to lower it again...lol..

:lol: I'm not selling you the springs back, sorry mate. :lol:

:lol::D just experimenting....... :lol: again.....

Archived