skunk 2 cams & cam gears

mb6loon

the beauty of the M civic is its very practical, if i didnt have kids or safety wasnt a priority, id have a teg all day.

just some advice on experience...... I would have the following;

4-1 manifold (preferably the 2 1/2" collector.

full exhaust, d

decent air intake system £?

HT leads, new dizzy cap, rotor arm, tappets adjusted, fuel filter service bits etc etc

P30 ECU chipped

a good custom re-map,...u should be on a winner

of course theres no substitute for the modding bug, you allways want that little bit more....its contagious.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the beauty of the M civic is its very practical, if i didnt have kids or safety wasnt a priority, id have a teg all day.

just some advice on experience...... I would have the following;

4-1 manifold (preferably the 2 1/2" collector.

full exhaust, d

decent air intake system £?

HT leads, new dizzy cap, rotor arm, tappets adjusted, fuel filter service bits etc etc

P30 ECU chipped

of course theres no substitute for the modding bug, you allways want that little bit more....its contagious.

Your right there mate! 8-)

4-1 manifold (preferably the 2 1/2" collector. check/decated as well

full exhaust, d check powerflow i know could be better

decent air intake system £? pipercross viper atm but have ordered a v2

HT leads, new dizzy cap, rotor arm, tappets adjusted, fuel filter service bits etc etc done

P30 ECU chipped, dastec piggyback system

thanks for info though where would i get a p30 ecu from ?

the man local to you has to be scott from H-tune...i had a P30 from him. i used his base map for approx 3 months. although its not advisable to do this. personally id keep the existing inlet manifold unless your getting one mega cheap. their aint really a big gain from this in my opinion...unless your planning on different internals cams etc

if i go for the inlet i'll be close to 150 for it but u got to admint they look good :) also what map do u recommend to put onto it

thats cheap :shock: they are rare, the base map just gets you about A 2 B....youll have to get it custom tuned to your car as no 2 cars are the same....for god sake make sure you mention CUSTOM MAP to your potential re-map garage...as i realised some people charge you dyno time/per hour.... a custom map should entail at least 2-3 hours work. in my case it was £300 and just under 1hrs work.

i was looking at the road tune map that h tune does would that be a better option on the p30 ?

nope..like i said thats just a base map get u from a 2 b...from another vehicle. on the base map there will also be a few sensors disabled too. personally i would stick with your own inlet and have it re-mapped to this. you would be surprised what power is available from the existing set up with a few wise selected mods......but i know you cant help your self...itching for every mod, sleepless nights, wake up with a new idea everyday...theres no replacement for "i have to do it"..its all good :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived