skunk 2 cams & cam gears

mb6loon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well kind of yes....im sure others will help more aswell...

the duration of time the cam lifts the valves are increased or changed radically from your standard cam specs, thus altering the spring/retainer tolerances....the question is will your stock internals be able to cope with these new cams...it works for some but its a ticking time bomb.

technically you could happily raise your revs and change gear all day long at the exact intervals....it could go on forever, but i very much doubt it....

or you could happily drive along one day, have the need for speed and engage 2nd gear reaching lets say, 7000rpm and momentarily stay on the revs for a little longer in this gear for just a fraction of a second to judge your next move.........KABOOM....

Mr Valve meets Mrs Piston....holy matrimony at last.

its called valve float....easily googled and you tubed....

.im sure i have missed many more catastrophes, but i will let other fellow members leave their humbled opinion....

had it been this easy i most surely would of had been the test pilot on this one......hope this helps, naz.

my thoughts i wouldnt go more radical than ITR cams or equivelent ek9/atr with the b18c4 head whithout porting it to get any gains as well as higher c/ratio,you might get less compression if this is not done as cam profile will get less fuel in the c/chamber due to its shape/flow rate capacity.so better pistons,port and gas flow,valve guide improvements,double cut or triple cut seats/ valve springs skunk2 site.and remaping increase rpm limiter to peak performance as in cam spec req............also an ITR flywheel/gearbox will see nice gains over oem

the ITR cams+cam gear

:lol: at noodles, always the man to bring you crashing down to earth badidea.gif1

:lol:yes i am a party pooper :oops: dont want to see peeps waste time and effort and all that £s

if i can"t :mrgreen:

ps dont bother with 70mm tb :lol: also make sure mani is for the bc4 head ect :)

Archived