MB2 D14 poor fuel consumption - 20mpg...???

Paul67

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, ok! I take it then I have to short the two pin female connector with a wire, turn on the ignition and count the flashes of light on the dash to get the codes, as oppose to plugging in a OBD tool to a scart type socket ? Suits me if it is, because I can do that myself rather than pay someone with a OBD reader. ;)

BTW, I forgot to mention I reset the ECU today (because I'd changed the fuel filter on the weekend and it had made so much difference to how the car drove), so should I drive the car for a few days before checking for fault codes?

Thanks Yasar. I took the car to get the codes read but the guy doing it (an old mate of mine) accidentally closed the door on the two small blue plugs, crushing them in the process.. So, now, after reading a bit more about them, I'm going to replace the o2 sensor because, like you say, it's probably coming to the end of it's life anyway, even if it has completely failed yet. I can pick one up locally for £50 and no doubt I get that back in the fuel I save by replacing it.

Thank you to everyone for their input in this thread, it's very much appreciated!