HELP (not so noob question)

kyekye09

hi all after saying last year that the OZ challange were the last wheels i was buying for the aerodeck im now forced into buying new wheels (winter weather and pot holes) have wrecked the inner rim so ive looked for some cheap wheels and the only ones ive found that i like (and in my £450 price range) are these

wheel.jpg

the only prob is the offset is an et38 and my standard with a i4inch is 45 (these are 16's though) so how can i make these fit....????? just need these on for around 2months so i can get my oz's fixed

is milling them out expensive...????? as said they wont be on long so dont want to throw a huge amount of cash at them... and as for the standard wheels i binned them about 3days after buying the carso im pretty much fooked....!!!!!

i'm running et38 and its a tight fit mate! my back arches have been rolled, and still then have 1mm clearance lol! but they looks the dogs!

so its a very close shave then.....!!!! booger as i realy like them for cheap wheels.... so i take it an et of 40 would be no good either....????? as i have found these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-WORK-XD9-A ... 45fc199c5c and again pretty cheap

TBH I haven't got the foggiest!

I looked at the same wheels but decided against them, hadn't noticed the et!

cheers anyway bud ;)

Could you not put a wanted thread to borrow someones steels until you get yours fixed?

i dont think any of the members in my area have the 4x100 fitment due to most having mb6's

These are the correct offset for you; most of the other posters above are talking about the MB6 which is different.

The idea with increasing wheel and tyre sizes is to keep the inner rim in the same 'plane'. Therefore a 185 tyre increases 10mm to a 195 the ET should lower by 5mm to stop the inner rim moving towards the running gear. Generally the max offset you want at 195 45 r16 is ET40 (et38 is fine) get lower than 35 you will probably run into tramlining issues. If you are rubbing the arch your car is too low. It is more important to check they will clear your calipers; the seller should know.

I ran 195 45 r16 p/zero nero at ET40, stock suspension on the MA8 without issue (apart from the poor ride quality- 15's ftw). The VTI has a completely different offset and is not relevant.

Polished rims generally don't mix well with winter use though do they?

These are the correct offset for you; most of the other posters above are talking about the MB6 which is different.

The idea with increasing wheel and tyre sizes is to keep the inner rim in the same 'plane'. Therefore a 185 tyre increases 10mm to a 195 the ET should lower by 5mm to stop the inner rim moving towards the running gear. Generally the max offset you want at 195 45 r16 is ET40 (et38 is fine) get lower than 35 you will probably run into tramlining issues. If you are rubbing the arch your car is too low. It is more important to check they will clear your calipers; the seller should know.

I ran 195 45 r16 p/zero nero at ET40, stock suspension on the MA8 without issue (apart from the poor ride quality- 15's ftw). The VTI has a completely different offset and is not relevant.

Polished rims generally don't mix well with winter use though do they?

your a wealth of info mate thank you ;) as said id prob only have these on for a max of 8 weeks so the whole issue of the polished lips getting attacked with salt is not an issue for me and id hope that id be able to sell one of the 2 sets posted quite quick(plenty of euro boys and want to be road racers in my area) after the refurb of the oz wheels