Dash, Sidelight, Rear Sidelights not working???

djbaybeeraver23

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think that wire is a diagnostic for the abs. so is the clock interior lights stereo brake lights working? does your car start? got to be something simple double check all fuses

i know all about the headache.. this is causing me a massive headache.. as it seemed so simple.. i took it to my garage normally and they said there is no diag port - is this correct?. as if so.. this means Honda are going to take a while to find said error as will need to check all the wiring to make sure..

now someone said something to me that seemed quite plausible.. as the stalk that controls the sidelight to dipped light.. this couldnt be broken thats causing the error?. i mean it still allows me to turn off the headlights but when i turn it nothing else comes on.. its really hard to explain in words..but i have even swapped over switches (dimmer and fog) and still nothing..

i have plasmaglow dials and an aftermarket oil temp gauge.. now the oil temp gauge work but doesnt light up when using sidelights.. aswell as the dials.. they just dont glow anymore.. niether do the original clocks.. as you woiuld be able to see them shining through the dials.. and yes the car starts works fine .. stereo works fine.. indicators work fine.. reverse lights work fine.. brake lights work fine.. but nothing when i need side/dipped lights.. :?::?:

so the dangly purple and yellow loose wire is for ABS diag? so i can tuck this outta the way as thought it was loose from something else..

its also hard to try and sort it when you aint there lol, does it have a yellow plug on the end of it ? but i think it might even be for the srs i am sure i used it to put out my srs light. its possible the stork but i doubt it. it must be something to do with the oil temp/dials wiring maybe fooked a relay or something lets just hope honda find it within the hour keep us up dated

Right mate.... In this order....

Under bonnet fuse box:

Fuse 41 & Fuse 40

They wire through to:

Under Dash fusebox:

Fuse 19 (10A)

Which then wires through to the DImmer switch. If the dimmer switch is not connected, NO lights will come on on ANY instruments.

After that, it's down to each bulb.

My guess, is either, a bad connection in the dimmer, or a blown fuse.

Hope that helps!

how do you mean not reconnected the dimmer switch?. i did have to remove the dash the gain acess to my 12v feed for the oil temp gauge, that is where the power runs for that.. so when i reconnected everything and switched the sidelights on to see if the oil temp gauge displayed correctly (red & blue) thats when i noticed that the sidelights were oiut.. upon thjis i then had a blown fuse.. thats when i replaced said fuse.. but still nothing.. but simpo you could be onto something.. as i may of reconnected the oil temp power feed when said dimmer was not plugged in..

the loose wire thingy is yellow and purple with a blue spade connector on the end?. might try and grab a photo or something.. bit dark now..

okay the car has been fixed and is now back home after its trip to Honda..

they say the fault was because a fuse had been put into the wrong place?. now i dont mean to be rude to honda but i know for a fact i didnt put the fuse in the wrong place.. i checked.. rechecked and double checked all the fuses... yes i didnt have a fuse diagram however they were all fine.. however did unearth a few other things on the free "health check" my power steering rack seems "wet" - any ideas? and how much a new p/s pump maybe? can anyone supply any reputable links for them..

slight play in both front wheels?. this will be sorted.. however as happy as i am to have the car fixed.. the rev counter dial is still not illuminating?. so will have to take a look at the dials in more depth at the weekend to see whats happening.. but if i wanted to could i not mention this to honda as technially not 100% fixed...

i know Jalesi would be good for the last question as works for honda..still no mention of the purple & yellow wire by honda lol