strange noise comes out of the air outlet pipe??

np63om

Help please, there was a sound like: "uuuuuuiii", if you stay close to to the barrel air outlet, that one stay near to the air filter box, what can be?

I let a picture to have an idea, the pipe is near to the ar box filter, is between the air filter box and the white water tank engine, the one it pops out if you need to remove headligh lamp from that side, i hope you know what im saying...

148490.jpg this pic is not original my, but is the same as mine...

double please help, the noise is not hard, only if stay near the barrel and open the hood, the sound is clrear...

Regards

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's where the engine take air in from. The black trumpet looking piece that comes off to change the headlamp is the inlet which goes down to the air resonator box and then back up to the air filter box and on to the throttle body. The noise is probably just the engine taking in air..

You are right Paul67, you are correct, thats the right pipe or black trumpet, that noise came up from there, it its not normal, i mean, never heard before, because they never made noise "so loud", is look like "screaming" form air, but it not air, sometihing its happening there...

that black trumpet is directly connected to the gear box or engien?? is possibel gear box make that noise acclaiming to change the gear oil ? realy i don´t know, help please...

My best regards to you all, and for all te help too.

No, it is not is connected to engine directly, it is only there to take air in. Try removing the air filter to see if the noise goes away. A blocked or dirty air filter could be causing the noise as the engine may be struggling to breath - just like an asthmatic attack causes a person to wheeze when they try to breath in.

Put a K&N panel filter in there while you're at it! Be very careful running the engine with no filter, the intake makes for a pretty effective vacuum cleaner & you really don't want muck going up there. If you take the filter out, I'd suggest stretching an old t-shirt across the middle of the airbox in place of the filter whilst you're testing.

Those black odd-shaped pipes are just resonators/dampers; they are designed to reduce sound whilst allowing air to freely reach the intake. You can run the car without them fitted at all. There's a chance they could be blocked with something, but otherwise there's very little that could be wrong with them. It would help if you could exactly pin down the source of the noise - I do this using a piece of hosepipe held to one ear & point the other end around the engine bay. Admittedly the neighbors probably wonder...

Regards to you all, serious, thanks for all help give so far.

unfortunately i made the single test, i take it out the filter, strat the car and equal, the same problem(noise), unfortunately.

the noise look like some gear or else runing, it sound like wheel without oil or something, like: uuuuuuuuuu, like to describe better but, only if i record the sound, but, how do i post here...??

The sound look like metal wheel runing uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, imagine start the car and the wheel start runing with out oil or else, look like that, and the sound cames out from that pipe....

Can be the gear box oil ? it must be change or is dry?? it could damage the engine...??

Regards