strange noise comes out of the air outlet pipe??

np63om

As I said last week, the sound you can hear may just be resonating through the air intake and actually have nothing to do with the intake or the resonator box itself. This guy had a similar problem

for him it turned out to be a problem with the power steering pump..

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's definite Paul; the statement that the sound was coming from the intake was in response to the suggestion that it was the radiator fan, which is 'acoustically unconnected'. The intake pipe length is in the right region to have a resonance at ~500Hz & may well be amplifying the source, whatever that is. It could be PS, Oil pump, alternator, dammit near anything that spins! I'll have a good listen around the engine when I get at it...

As I said last week, the sound you can hear may just be resonating through the air intake and actually have nothing to do with the intake or the resonator box itself. This guy had a similar problem
for him it turned out to be a problem with the power steering pump..

i saw the video ad i do think:

That's the reason why, i'm very concerned with the noise, in that particulary case, the noise sound very loud so, and the end of running engine we could listen strange noise, sound like bomb or else, something is spining and when switch the egine off, sounds pretty loud, what is spining in there...but what, thats the all question?

We are near to the problem i guess...

Regards

The only way to solve this is to take the airbox and resonator right out unbolt the lot and take it right out then you can test again if noise is still there then you can see down in the engine and solve the problem

As Didjeridave suggested before, you could try identifying where the noise is coming from by using a piece of hosepipe held to one ear and point the other end around the engine bay, maybe starting with the alternator. If its not that move on to other areas eliminating one thing at a time. Good luck, and don't forget to let us know what it is when you do find it. ;)

As Didjeridave suggested before, you could try identifying where the noise is coming from by using a piece of hosepipe held to one ear and point the other end around the engine bay, maybe starting with the alternator. If its not that move on to other areas eliminating one thing at a time. Good luck, and don't forget to let us know what it is when you do find it. ;)

Mate, one thing can i sure you, I'll never forget u help or try to... after all this is forum and in order to make the forum work ...we got to post or help!!

One thing cames to my mind, water pump, the water pump she must spin with the engine right, can she make that kind of noise... she have few miles (kms) is was change with timing belt...

Be for i change the timing belt, one of the things makes me change the belt it was that strange noise, and yes it was the time to change after all, but the noise still there,

maybe they not change the whater pump?? my god... it is possible the water pump makes the noise? :o

Im confuse, i gonna try to know what is or what is happening in there, once i know it, you all know to, i post it, but if any one knows or else, please be my guess...we all thank you.

Regards