MB9 (Aerodeck 1.5) - suspension rattle

gofra

Hi folks!

I just bought my first Honda recently - a good looking and well taken care of 1.5 Vtec - E Aerodeck.

So far, Im very pleased with the car but do have a problem with suspension. When Im driving over bumps and roughs terrain, I can feel (and hear) like something was loose. Also, when going faster through bends (uneven, rough terrain only), the car doesnt feel compact and stable but rattles a little and looses traction a bit. Could this be due to worn rubber bushings in the suspension? Anything else I should pay attention to? The car now has roughly around 120K miles on the clock.

I have also noticed that the it has Monroe shocks which indicates they have allready been changed. I have a feeling that the shock / stock spring combo isnt working well too. I am planning on putting a Koni set on later (just got the car) but would first like to sort out the rattling / play problem in the suspension. Any input regarding this is much appreaciated!

Best,

F

dampers worn or

knackered rear trailing arm bush,or

front tie bar bushes brokenor

maybe spring isolatersor

rear lower control arm bushes

front bottom A arm bushes /top A arms bushes worn.

rack bushes also worth looking at.

If steering loose on rough ground I'd suggest (on top of all andy's checks) upper ball joints & bushings on the front, particular attention to the wishbones. check your tyre wear too, uneven wear gives a lot away. Rattles suggest ball joints/mounts more than bushings; worn bushings need some serious abuse before they get noisy.

If steering loose on rough ground I'd suggest (on top of all andy's checks) upper ball joints & bushings on the front, particular attention to the wishbones. check your tyre wear too, uneven wear gives a lot away. Rattles suggest ball joints/mounts more than bushings; worn bushings need some serious abuse before they get noisy.

x2 :)

x3 Get the MGZS 180 kit on and the camber arms helps alot (just a suggestion) 1"£££$££"!!

Many thanks folks! I have an apointment with a guy that deals with these things tomorow and we'll have a look...

One more thing to ad: a few days back the car was quite loaded (600 lbs in the trunk, two passengers in front (500 lbs), one in the back (170 lbs) and I must say, the steering was very very light. It also happenned to be windy so I hade to pay attention on correcting directions all the time. Considering the car is pretty light and the fact it was quite loaded, that could be normal...on the other hand, I prefer asking here just to make sure ;)

Again, thanx for your feedback!

BEst...