Track Rod ends for the MC2 VTI Nightmare at motor factors

Guest jimbob738

OK so i bought a set of QH track rods off ebay 17 each they came and the left is completely wrong im sending that back, went off to local motor factors and checked their stock seems all the left ones stock codes for QH, First line all point to the left one i was sent wrong by the ebay chaps even though its completely different so i have ordered the ADL blue print one at 41+VAT atleast i know it fits as its Honda OEM manufatcurer.

this only seems to be for the Left Track Rod end the rights are fine, you can clearly see the ones i removed have a Kink in them and the Left i was sent and saw at the motor factors has no Kink is just curved, i think they fit other model aerodecks but the VTI 1.8 ones need the kink to clear the suspension forks?

photo-1.jpg

oh yeah and it had to be special order aswell while my cars sat on axel stands in the rain i hate motor factors i would have gone Honda but they are 65+Vat i cant afford that.

Just a heads up really to let yall know if you decide to buy them and change beware that ADL are the ones to get i know camskill have them in stock heres the part numbers:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m30b0s3021p46161/BLUEPRINT_ADH_PART_NUMBERS_-_TRACK_ROD_END_-_ADH28757

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m30b0s3021p46162/BLUEPRINT_ADH_PART_NUMBERS_-_TRACK_ROD_END_-_ADH28758

Hope this info saves someone some time as its cost me three days p1ss arsin around dummyspit.gif1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i work at those motor factors you hate and i drive an mb6, i bought a pair of ADL ones (from stock) and had no issues at all... i will always recommend ADL for our cars as its always correct and great quality! my advice is find a good factors and someone who knows what they are talking about!!

i work at those motor factors you hate and i drive an mb6, i bought a pair of ADL ones (from stock) and had no issues at all... i will always recommend ADL for our cars as its always correct and great quality! my advice is find a good factors and someone who knows what they are talking about!!

i dont hate motor factors pal it just does my head in when i get given wrong parts halfway through a job i accept some blame i should have checked just one them things.

all i can say is the kink is in them for a reason if OEM manufacturers want to take it out thats fine but i aint using them i go back on my previous there is no clearence issue that was me assuming, but it looked very different have sent it back ADL Blue print all the way.

i just want to add i did put a question may at the reference to the kink being for clearence of the suspension it was more of an open question i dont know why its there but id prefer to use exacts im just picky.

well yeah it does really considering honda make them that way for a reason, it must do something to the tracking if you got a kinked one on one side and a Cheaper straight one on the other to me it just doesnt sit right has to be direct copy to be right sorry that just me, ADL stuff has always been good i just put a QH thermostat in my car tonight and that was lesser quality then the one i took out and now its bugging me.

More track rod Chaos the ADL one came from Sutton Auto Factors its still not got a kink in it i went to speak to them and on screen clearly shows that model number should have a Kink in it but opened the box it was just like the QH one i dont get this they got three lefties out in front of me all the same then he got a right one out it had the kink?

car is on axle stands until its right doing my head in !!!!! complain.gif1

Whats wrong in these picture?

even the guys at the shop and the motor factors the black QH one came from EBay agree its not the right part but they cant figure out whats going on with them it only seems to be the left sided ones the right side was ok?

DSC01363.jpg

DSC01365.jpg

does this not seem odd to anyone else?

ADL are supposed to be direct OEM copies why would they cut corners?

have done some digging and been back to the motor factors for a 3rd time this morning and these Track Rods pictured are for an accord aerodeck so if you have these fitted they are wrong i went to honda on saturday to confirm this.

hope it helps