Civic VTI-S 1.8 MB6 (2000)

cromar07

Hi all,

I have an engine light on thats been frustrating me for months as no diagnostics kit i've linked up with the 5 pin plug has had a connection - they all advise an error linking.

I've tried the paperclip test on the 2 pin plug, and my engine light does flash but its just repetative and no code is given - just on and off as long as the ignition is on. What is strange though is that my SRS light flashes giving 9 long flashes with 2 short, 7 long flashes with 2 short then 9 long flashes again and 2 short. After this, it remains on as a constant. Is this showing codes 92, 72 and 92 again? I'm baffled by it but would really like to find the error and fix it to keep my car good!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Alan.

Going buy the cel codes there isn't a code 92 so it must be a 9 which CYP - cylinder sensor

2 which is O2B - Oxygen sensor #2

72 which is random misfire cylinder 2

But I could be wrong follow this link

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=4268&p=83207&hilit=Cel+codes#p83207

Ive just realised i didnt check the fuses properly first time and noticed the F32 fuse (7.5A) is blown which controls: engine management control unit, clock, radio... Which would explain why my clock n radio reset every time i stop/start the ignition and most probably why the diagnostics werent getting a connection?

Ok so i changed the fuse, but still no reading on the diagnostics computer... Least my clock works now. Thats one off the list haha. So i tried Bridging the service socket again and it dawned on me... Am i being a total doofus? If the CEL is flashing on and off repeatedly at the same rate (long on, long pause) is this actually telling me I have fault code 10? Would it just continue to repeat the code until u disconnect the bridge?

Thanks in advance :)

how many flashes does it do

as quick flash =1

long flash =10

is there any difference in the engine ect?

or with the drive all together

when my cylinder sensor went my car sounded like a subaru and had so many flat spots ....

Yeah that's right should do long flashes first then the short flashes. If its doing short flashes first then think it will be a cOde 1-9