Braided brake lines!!

dan clarkee

Howdy peoples, Sorry if this has been asked loads before but im in desperate need to find out which braided brakelines i need for my MB6, ive heard so many horror stories about goodridge and hel lines and just need to know once and for all which ones will fit properly (if any). Need to know as im giving my brakes a disc and pad renewal all round and wanted to fit braided lines as a bit of an upgrade.

Happy modding people :lol::lol::lol: 1"£££$££"

• 3 weeks later...

I have got hel brake lines and i have had no problems with them but don't get them off ebay. If you want hel ones phone hel performance on 01392811601 and ask for Ben Viner and ask him for brake lines for the mb6 but make sure they are 70cm long on the front and 56cm long on the back with the raised nipple in the end that fits back on the car he should know what you mean because i had the same problem with mine hope this helps

• 2 months later...

In desparate need of HELP.

I've fitted the HEL brake lines all around and now my brake pedal goes all the way down. Bled all the brakes. Please can somebody advise what the issue is and how to resolve it. Is it just air? Surely that's all it can be as there were no prior issues?

Thanks Tom. It is just air then? Is sequence important or doesn't that matter? I've got 750ml fluid left, do you think that will be sufficient?

Come on people, somebody must have had the same issue. Any pointers or information will be much appreciated.

as you ask about sequence.... i consider it to be an issue. usually bleed furthest to nearest master cylinder. since you have probably totally drained the system whilst changing the line's i reccomend getting it done properly.

i had similar problem and used the bottle on the right.. note a compressor is required. this equipment sucks the fluid through.

http://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/draper- ... fAod-CwM1g

Thanks Weetec. At no point did the fluid run out. The reservoir was kept topped up.

So should the bleeding sequence be RH Rear, LH Front, LH Rear & then RH Front?

I don't have a compressor , so therefore I could't use the bottle recommended. I'm just using a one man bleed kit.

the sequence i use is both rear 1st. passenger then driver then front. passenger and driver. i used a one man bleed kit, gunson tyre thing, only succeeded with compressor.

Out of interest how much have you guys been paying for your lines?

I recently for a single braided hose for my passenger rear (couldnt get oem ones anyware!). Had it custom made by Merlin motorsport at Castle combe whilst I was there (took about 20 minutes) and cost £30, thats less than I was gonna be charged for a normal line lol