engine swaps ?

gibbo_1987

How easy isit to change/swap engine in my 1.4 ma civic...not looking todo it yet just something to read up on...bits what confuse me is wiring side can do the rest...what would I have to change to put a vti engine in ??? Or what would be easiest engine to use ?? Still learning about Honda's so any infos good....

Gibbo

You'd need engine, gearbox, suspension, driveshafts, hubs & wheels, ecu and electrics, off the top of my head, as stated one thing to make it go fast but stopping rates as quite important.

Easier to have them side by side or even easier just to buy a vti. :?

It's no biggy swapping all those things on a 5th gen Civic - I'm always for a bit of casual engine swapping. Getting enough stopping power isn't exactly hard, and MB6 brakes aren't exactly 10 pot brembos either (although surprisingly good for a warm Honda of that vintage)

If you've got a bit of cash lying around and your car is a solid base you can end up with a better car than buying the unknown quantity that is a used MB6. Plus of course there's the sleeper posibility.

Any EG or MB engine will bolt in and plug and play (with the right ECU) the only wiring you need to do is in the case of a B18C4 swap is run 2 wires from 2 pins on the new ECU into the correct pins of your new engine for VTEC and IABS (by memory).

Go on my san, do it - you don't see many twin cam VTEC MA's.