air filters

VTISmichael

Which is the best type of filter to have to get the best out of my vtec or doesnt it matter ?

I have tried several and all i got was heat soak and poor top end power so my advise to you is get on ebay buy an ITR Airbox for which thier is one on right now and put the K&N cone in it and enjoy anything cheap off fleabay of below like 280 like a mugen one is a complete waste of time.

granted this is only my opion but the 30 quid kits aint gonna cut the mustard and i defy anyone to prove me wrong after my experiences pal.

even the ones that feed into the wings what happens what you go through a puddle? water and air mixed with fuel no thanks.

get a K&N panel and remove you resonator untill you find one. good luck on the flip i have a kit for sale if you do want?

sorry am i confusing you, no i have a Steel pipe which i have heat wrapped and sprayed VHT black to insulate, and a K&N 57i filter for sale that was going to fit before i managed to get my ITR box at the right price. i have pics if you want them i didnt get to fit it so only sprayed like last weeks i baked the Wrap to cure it then sprayed it VHT and cured that too also has new reducer on it the K&N is a nice cone i was going to make my own heat box out of a renault box but dont need to now.

when i said panel filter i meant in the standard one in the MC2 and MB6 box, the ITR filter is a massive cone filter K&N also do them which i have bought for my ITR airbox 60 pounds.

if you need advice just ask matey, dont buy the kits off ebay waste of time see no real gains IMO just lots heat soak in summer they are terrible.

I got an inlet pipe and just ordered a new reducer, tbh i dont want to spend £60 or however much on the ITR airbox, a cheapish filter will do fine for the mo even tho its not really give anything extra but the vtec kicks in much better and ill look into the ITR one in the future but thanks for the heads up ;)

No worrys enjoy mate, i paid 38 for the Box and pipes and decided to go K&N for the performance Hamp OEM like 27 do a good job they go for 50 ish on ebay for an ITR airbox.