new new wheels :)

VTISmichael

i got locking wheel nuts come in the post but as the holes in the wheels only accept a 17mm socket, i will have to trim down the locking socket a mm, ordering the 17mm hex nuts of driftworks tonight, so i should be doing a proper test fit with all the coilovers on next week!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice wheels I also prefer these. I am sure I have seen this design before; are they a rep of an old Japanese wheel? The name is making me think of SSR but can't quite place them.

The nuts you want are probably tuner style. McGard make locking tuner nuts in m12 x 1.5. Harder for scallywags to undo with grips as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought SSR were a company that just sold wheel and not made them ? They proby are a remake but they have done a gd job of it!

If u mean aluminum nuts I'm not getting those, even tho some say hardened coated the threads will still strip if over tightened and still pop off the stud!!

I might be pushed to get more stretched tyres tho lol

I thought SSR were a company that just sold wheel and not made them ? They proby are a remake but they have done a gd job of it!

If u mean aluminum nuts I'm not getting those, even tho some say hardened coated the threads will still strip if over tightened and still pop off the stud!!

I might be pushed to get more stretched tyres tho lol

SSR still make wheels (not Star Sharks though :( ).

Looking at the XXR site they call these the 'Throwback' but as they export 60% of their stock to Japan I guess they can't copy anything directly. They have done a right good design job on these wheels I think 8-) .

SSR still make wheels (not Star Sharks though :( ).

Looking at the XXR site they call these the 'Throwback' but as they export 60% of their stock to Japan I guess they can't copy anything directly. They have done a right good design job on these wheels I think 8-) .