building another engine?

weetec

ok peoples, looking to build another engine for my MB. i have the head gear, teg cams, springs etc.

however a little confused on the bottom end. ideally i wouyld like to stick to honda stuff. new bearings, shells, seals etc but dont know wether the standard crank and rods will match up to the higher domed pistons from the integra type-R...

any help on this, thanks.

the itr crank has better higher rev range and capable as has more counter balance"s the rods also lighter.

depends on the revs you are tuning for :)itr pistons fit ok.16B ek9 need mods ;)

the itr stuff will sure rev up quicker and smother,at least use the rods they are cheep enough s/h

lil info.

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/temp/pistons.htm

cheers noodles, looking mega bucks :( ...but still going to do the head with stock renewed pistons,new rings shells etc. keep forgetting to add costs such as new oil,water pump. and all little things such as timing belt and not to forget re-map. basically a fresh engine with type-r cams, plus labour without re-map will set me back about £700. i allready have the cams and valves etc. summer project.

I wouldn't mind doing some head work on mine for more revs but I think I will save and do the bottom end too so that there's no weak points! Loads of money needed but it's mine to spend :lol: