Sorry, another MG ZS 180 topic!!

GreenVTi991

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suspension fitted. Test drive complete. Transformed the car?

YES! Oh my god yes! If there are any MB6 owners reading this with standard suspension - get some MG ZS 180 suspension NOW. As others have said before - its how it should have been from the factory!

I found it all very straightforward to fit but it was made easier with my good mate Daz helping me. We had a slight hiccup when trying to get the n/s/f strut out as Daz stood on the lower wishbone which popped the ARB link off and the halfshaft popped out too!

One unforeseen issue was the rear ARB. Tried fitting it only to find out holes on the mounting brackets wouldnt line up with the ARB mounts. Luckily the chap I bought the suspension off agreed to me collecting the MG brackets off him ASAP. Once I had the MG brackets on the ARB went on a treat.

Next on the to-do list is tracking and tyre pressures.

Suspension fitted. Test drive complete. Transformed the car?

YES! Oh my god yes! If there are any MB6 owners reading this with standard suspension - get some MG ZS 180 suspension NOW. As others have said before - its how it should have been from the factory!

All the above I have just found to be true! :shock:8-)

Aah I'm starting to think that this set up is not so good for my MB3 :? I didn't felt such a difference, in fact changing to 26mm front arb and mg zs rear one was ten times more worth it. But can't understand why, the weight difference in MB3 and MB6 is not so big:

1.5i LS VTEC with SRS, ABS and A/C M/T 1,191 kg 2,626 lbs

1.8VTi VTEC with SRS, ABS and A/C M/T 1,281 kg 2,824 lbs

Is there any one else on the forum with MB2/3/4 and MG ZS Spings and shocks ?

I see, so MB6 is already at the edge. But according to the internet B18 = 350lbs, 88-95 D15 engine/trans = 300 lbs Sounds like the difference between B and D series is not so big or is the info inccorect ?

So am I really the only one nonVTI with MG ZS suspension :D

:shock::shock::shock: i thought the front ARB is same size but a different design on the mg as ours but its the same as a DC2 ???????

if its different have you got pics and sizes please ???

x2 pics??