Magnetic Sump Plugs....

WilkesyMB6

Are Magnetic Sump Plugs worth upgrading to?

I’m due to service the car soon and thought as I’m going to replace the plug is it worth getting a magnetic one?

Anyone got any links? I have found this one but not sure if there are any that people are using in particular.

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/tegiwa-mag ... plug-1197/

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can get the regular ones from tegiwa etc... but next time im going for the mines one.. much stronger magnet. thats the japanese tuning company mines. :D

I'm running one of those blue ones from ebay (which came packaged as Mine's :shock::? allegedly) was about £6.50 delivered. Not done an oil change again yet so can't tell you how much it's picked up, did have to retighten it after a couple of months as I was a bit scared to crank it on hard originally. Tegiwa ones look like they have a longer magnet which may hold more, Skunk2 also do a decent looking set (for £30 though).

if you buy as a set one will be for the gearbox, shorter one and the other for the sump. the gearbox one is a must have. allthough i couldnt imagine small enough pieces of metal would last long in there any way as the gears mesh away the metal to metal contact makes a paste of the fine metal wearings and it smears all over the internal components. the internal magnet of the gearbox which theres are 2 in the casing usually does the job.