Project Pipe and Slippers

supermike

Well here is my VTI when i first got it, 70k on the clock, standard asides from the wheels and lowered.

14748916a9321798039o.jpg

Luckily enough i got the standard alloys which in my opinion look miles better.

13938091a8761935291l.jpg

A few months went by and i finally got round to fitting my mongoose exhaust off of my old MB6 that had an unfortunate accident.....

(dont have a pic :oops: )

Next up was a good clean, t-cut and a polish. Which made the car looks miles better and a hundred times easier to clean a few days later.

photo4.jpg

photo3-1.jpgphoto-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

A few months went by and they bang my engine went onto 3 cylinders and blue reek everywhere, on christmas day of all days! So it wasnt very merry at all.

Well the strip down of the engine then started to try and figure out the problem

photo3.jpg

A week after that my new spark plug cover arrived!

photo.jpg

Since then, iv been buying bits and pieces which i will take pics of and get added! now iv finally stopped buying (in my old mans words) s**te. Now iv got money saved up for an engine! Just trying to find a decent one now!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be good to see it back on the go mate. those alloys arent standard VTI ones, they are the later style VTI-S ones.....nice!!!! Looks a million times better on those compared to the a/m alloys that were on it ;)8-)

Did you open up the engine to find out what went wrong . by the sounds of it you melted a piston. i did one not so long back with a melted pistons on a totally standard mb6 , but he did do 40 minutes of 8000 rpm @140mph on the motor way and did not take his foot of the floor once in that 40 mins to get it to blow. Rich.

Did you open up the engine to find out what went wrong . by the sounds of it you melted a piston. i did one not so long back with a melted pistons on a totally standard mb6 , but he did do 40 minutes of 8000 rpm @140mph on the motor way and did not take his foot of the floor once in that 40 mins to get it to blow. Rich.

Well now you mention that! Iv melted two exhaust valves on cylinder no.3 IIRC also the piston rings are quite worn as it did puff a bit of blue reek when at high RPM changing gear. But the cause of this is entirely my fault, i was kinda of envolved in a race with a Porsche Boxter. The track i happen to know it like that back of my hand. Its a high speed course with plenty of challenging corners, i think i never dropped below VTEC revs, plus when i joined the long straight i managed to get my car to 150MPH @ 8500RPM i stayed there for around 10 minutes. Ill never be doing that again, expensive mistake!

But i can say that i still drove the car around for a further three months on three cylinders without a problem, ok so it used more oil than it did fuel but my work has a 1500L IBC tank of engine oil ;) The only reason i did strip it is because the MOT ran out :roll:

Oh and i beat the Porsche :D

*Slightly editied by Admin ;)

Archived