More economical at high revs with or without VTEC

Didjeridave

Even if the speed limit is increased to 80, doesnt mean you have to go 80!

My MB6 definitely doesnt sound like vtec engages if you cruise past 80mph / 4500rpm. If I put my foot down, then vtec kicks in.

What would make more difference to MPG is a taller 5th or a 6th gear for cruising! I use my car on the motorway midweek and a 6th gear would be lovely!

Am I the only one that doesn't care about MPG?

If the tank is empty, fill it. If you have used a tank up faster than you did before it must have been fun :D

I spent a lot of Saturday morning in VTEC, still managed Nottingham to Castle Combe on half a tank, plus having fun in the queue! :lol:

Am I the only one that doesn't care about MPG?

If the tank is empty, fill it. If you have used a tank up faster than you did before it must have been fun :D

exactly how i see it, not bothered about mpg anymore, if i get a good run i egt a good run, but the amount of short ish journeys i do i might aswel have some fun on the way

drive on motorways all the time with work in my mb6 and vtec kicks in around 82-85 mph and yes i see the difference in fuel, but the spped limit is 70 lol so its my fault hehe......just keep er lit and forget about the expense...sounds good when overtaking at 85 when the tec kicks in lol :)