Jonny's MB6 vti-s project thread......

Do1jonnyt

hi everyone i think its about time i come on here more often and shown you all my car,

i've always wanted a vtec, i had a 1.5 lsi coupe and loved it but needed a bigger car so i remembered my dad having a rover 420gsi and it was plenty big enough so i got looking for a vtis, i like having rare cars.

here's a pic at skegness when i first bought her,

IMG_0684.jpg

its was pretty tidy apart from slight scuff on rear bumper and the previous owner had up a battery on the passenger seat and the acid leaked out and ate all the stitching away on the seat base :( so at the time i couldn't find a cheap enough seat or interior so i bought a full black leather interior and im glad i did, it feels loads comfier.

i gave her a good wash

IMG_1284.jpg

then a full machine polish and gold class finishing polish

IMG_1240.jpg

let me know what you think,

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i fitted a k&n panel filter (feels loads better)

IMG_0759.jpg

my friend made me these, pretty good to say i'm only person in the world with these, IMG_0756.jpg

the chap in the next unit wanted a car to teach someone how to window tint so i handed my keys over, IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

not bad for a free bee! he did the rear doors aswell,

the headlights wasn't the best so i upgraded to HID's i must say they are a must! loads brighter and look pretty sweet! IMG_1088.jpg

i fancied a change on the interior so i sticker bombed the dash insert, it does brighten it up but i don't think its gonna stay there for long. IMG_1206.jpg

Looks very nice mate, do you have any plans??

My plans for it are loads but for now i'm just doing bits that are free and don't cost a fortune.

I've had to replace the typical N/S/R caliper and rear disks and pads,

gave her a minor service, and fitted new front anti roll bar drop links, i need to do the rears but when they get done i'm gonna paint all the rear braces and suspension arms and rear anti roll bar,

Thought i'd let you know i work in a bodyshop specializing in customizing. basically my car is a demo car because it's always there to bee seen, (we air brushed a skyline bonnet for the wall but someone offered stupid money for his drift car),

we airbrushed my bonnet, i wanted it to be ghosted because its not that sort of car to be messed about with but i'm happy with the ghosted flames we did.

here's some pics,

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1391.jpgIMG_1392.jpgIMG_1393.jpgIMG_1394.jpgIMG_1396.jpgIMG_1397.jpgIMG_1399.jpg

we also have a new product called plasti-dip, basically its a sprayable vinyl wrap that applied on a shiney surface and pulls off like a sticker when you want it removing, its very robust and long lasting, plus you can't wrap a grill,mirrors,spoiler with out getting loads of joins,

here's my grill

IMG_1207.jpg

just saying i'm not advertising my work or workplace i just want you to know i do it all myself,

i fitted some mgzs shocks and spax 30mm springs this weekend, nice easy job and handles loads better too.

i also have these to fit but my brakes are pretty mint as they are so they might go on ebay, IMG_1449.jpg

oh someone at work thought it was funny to do this, good job i found it before i drove home lol

IMG_1381.jpg

my future plans are to respray it all to make it mint again and to paint the wheels, i quite like these wheels to say they are standard rims, but unsure what colour will suit them. i was thinking matt anthracite with a thin matt candy red lip to look anodized.

i'm making a de-cat pipe up because im not paying £60 for a ebay one!! then it needs a full exhaust system.

i also need to change cambelt and buy another set of head lights as i wanna do the chrome bits black and i need a rubber for the edge near the wing,

my minds gone blank now so i will update when im next on, hope you like and i havmnt broke the rules in my posts, if i have please dont delete them i will edit them.