srs light on (help please)

shebabby

• 1 month later...

I am going to have to try this a lil later on. I was driving to get my car registered today and the damn SRS light came on. I keep my service connector in the glove box just for these occasions.

I got in line to get my car checked and tried to reset it 5 times. Light went out but came back on as soon as I turned the steering wheel just a lil bit.

So I am going to try and disconnect the steering wheel and reset the light after a few errand I take care of.

You might have a damaged ribbon inside for the SRS? Hopefully you'll have it fixed/set fire to in no time! 

okay so I checked everything out and I re-did the reset trick and the light still stays on. I am not 100% sure but I think its not my drivers air bag or reel. I did some looking on the internet and found out that the European Aerodecks don't have standard OBD2 connectors like in the states. I was trying to jump the 4 and 9 ports to get the SRS codes. Then I found out you just use the regulars service port to get the codes.

I did that and I came up with 2-1, 2 short and one fast:

2-1 & 2-2 open circuited In Passenger's Air Bag Inflator

So now I am gonna try and disconnect that and try again.