DC2 ECu

stevovti-s

Im just trying to figure out as many problems before I start the work as possible, and the next thing that's puzzling me is if I fit the B18C6, the first 3-6 months I will be running it on a standard UK DC2 ecu. Does this mean I will need the ignition barrel to go with the ecu? Or will it be just a case of getting the existing key reprogrammed to the new ecu? Also, just to confirm, will a uk spec B18C6 and Ecu be a simple plug in and play into the existing MB6 loom? This is my first attempt at an engine swap, so I'm trying to learn as much as possible before I start. Thanks

Steve

you can just use a JDM DC2 ecu,

that will solve your problems regarding the immobiliser/coded key.

or a chipped p28/p30 ecu with a generic map, or you can get a road/rolling road tune map put on it.

Pretty sure, yes mate. Search for P73, I remember a good while back someone else did the P73 thing!

Slightly wrong there! :)

Looky here:

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=6144&hilit=p73

P72 is Direct swap but you really need it socketing and a new map.

P73 doesn't let you use IAB's from what I remember, so you'd need to ditch the intake manifold etc.

The differences between the plugs on the ECU are minor, so a stanley knife will make it work :)

http://cars.homenetcs.co.uk/honda-civic ... ns-ecu.htm