Will this gearbox fit my MB3 Civic?

vtec2011

Hi their.. :mrgreen: The gearbox on my MB3 is getting ridiculously noisy in 1st and 2nd gear (input shaft). So I had a look on Ebay and I saw this..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-HONDA-CI ... 3f1688f961

But before I purchase it, I want to make sure it fits my car (1.5 Vtec D15Z8 MB3) I don't know if this gearbox came from a Civic Coupe or a 5 door hatch like mine.

Thanks for reading and thanks for your help :-D

i might be wrong but im sure all single cam d series gearbox's line up,just need to change mounts for the chassis being used

Yes all the D series gearboxes will fit but i would like another 1.5 gearbox so the gear ratios are the same for fuel economy. I was thinking of getting a 1.4 gearbox from a d14, that will make my car quicker :mrgreen: But then again, it will drink more fuel..

I now have another gearbox and before I fit it on the Civic, I want to make sure the Input Shaft Bearing is good. I don't want to fit it and then find out it has the same problem as the old gearbox. And how often does a thrust bearing fail? Because the gearbox already has a thrust bearing fitted but I don't know if its worth fitting a new one on. The new gearbox has done 73,000 miles, apparently.. Thanks for your help :D