Help with my shopping list for the engine

Stu_civicsport

Hi right i have got a mb2 with a d14z4 in it its running 104 brake at the mo but i want more out of it so Right I need a 4.2.3 manifold put not sure with well fit my car seen some on eBay but don't no if they well fit as well engines have never bin my thinks it's all was be style with me but now it's got to be about power any help would be appreciated plus need a bigger throttle body to take more air in any help on what fit my car ?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can change the intake manifold for a D16Z6/D16Y8 because yours is plastic (if the internet pictures are correct), I'm not sure there will be gains but there should be at least small one.

Next on the list Cold air intake.

If you want bigger TB you need to port the intake manifold to match the new 60mm TB (you need one from B series) and port the holes that lead to the head (stupid explanation :oops: ). But if you just add bigger TB without porting the manifold it will be bad for performance.

Next transmission with shorter gears/final drive (I don't have single idea what's your transmission, no information on the internet). You should aim for 4,4 final drive and gears from CRX or the easiest option gearbox from D16Y8.

Next 4-2-1 header it should say that is for D series.

And finally mini-me which means adding vtec but this is expensive and you need chipable CPU, adjustable cam gear and D16Y8/Z6 head.

If I was in your shoes I would consider swaping the engine, it's just a 1.4 :roll:

I fitted a japspeed 4/2/1 mani and go decat to as long as the mani is for a d series it should fit . Good cold air intake , look to sort the gearing out that's my next mod and plan . After that like emzvr said you looking at more money . Mmmmmm what about t/c the car :roll: maybe something to look into

1a4f77f7.jpg

Well I all ways get Poeple saying just do a swap i can't see the point as I may as well go buy a mb6 but I'm not giving up on my car yeah it's a 1.4 but I would like to have the fasted 1.4 and that's what it's all about giving the little d a chance

If turbo is out of your budget, then mini-me is the way to go. Everything else will lead in just a small increase in power. Go here and click -Adding VTEC to a D14 http://www.dodo-upgrades.nl/ That's a very usefull site :)

Everybody say the same thing to me, to make a swap and I see they are right :( But there is nothing bad to try and squeze more power of a d series :)