Seized bolts on rear pad carrier!

jamezzz

Hi. I have a major problem on my hands. After a total bodge-job done on the rear brakes by the previous owner on my VTI Aerodeck, the recon rear calipers and rear pads were fitted without the pad retaining clips etc, resulting in the pads janging about and driving me mad with the noise. I got a second hand pad carriers, pad clips and the bolts off Ebay in great condition. I did the drivers side swapover in just a few minutes. The passenger side is currently a disaster. The bottom bolt of the caliper slider was rounded. Seeing as I had spare bolts and sliders and rubbers, I hacksawed off the bolt head and then hacksawes through the slider. This is where the problems arose... the bloody slider is seized in the pad carrier, so I can just swap over the spare sliders and bolts etc! No problem I thought, I will just unbolt the carrier from the hub and use the entire spare carrier I had. But the 2 bolts holding the carrier onto the hub are now siezed!!!!!!!!!!! Aghhhh! Any ideas anyone? Should I cut off the bolt heads? The pad carrier is threaded, but is the hub threaded where the bolts go through? If they are, with the disc removed, could I drill out the boltsfrom the hub? I have spare carriers and all 4 bolts. Or do I admit defeat and take it to a garage who could get some heat on those bolts?