Do you maintain your own car ?

james

what number are you  

22 members have voted

1. 1. what number are you

• i will take my car to a garage to be maintained most i do is wash my car
    • i will do light work like spark plugs - oil - filters
    • i will do bigger jobs like timing belts - brake pads - adjust valves
    • i will will do what ever my car needs done like head replacement - piston rings - grind velves

I can do only light stuff, my greatest achievment - fitting the integra airbox :lol:

I am motivated to learn and do everything on my car myself but my only teacher are honda forums :D Anyway I think everything on hondas is easy to maintain/repair.

can only really do light stuff, biggest thing ive done is spark plugs and my cold air intake, but would laove to learn how to do the bigger stuff like pads, discs and valves etc

i hope your right lol , because i know the alternator on the vx v6 is a pig to do as its under the engine at the back and you have to drop the subframe to get to it , also spark plugs for the rear bank have to have the large inlet manifold removed to put the 3 plugs in and oil cooler lets not go there lol...

It really depends on the job and what could potentially go wrong as I have to have my car on the road, pads, discs, valve adjustments no problem but wouldn't do timing belt.