Dyno Results....

burbleboy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What cheapish mods would improve my bhp then? I'm still annoyed at getting only 185bhp @ crank tbh!

Having searched the 'search' facility on here i have read that people have changed air filter, manifold, stainless exhaust and got 190bhp! Less modifications than mine! I understand that every engine different but still want slightly more power for around £200

Any ideas, opinions?

Saw this on ebay...worthwhile?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JDM-Honda-DC2 ... 19d1f9beb3

yes with itr valve springs£50 +take head off +head gasket £80?? and up your rpm to suit and the dyno ect £200 cams and £? dyno tune £? £400 ish if you want to gas flow with the itr cam set up £300 so £700+ later you will get nearer the 190+/-hp? as others ;) the lighter crank flywheel and hc pistons and rods would see samish results if not better,but with the b18c4 head ported correctly would need hc pistons :shock:

:idea: turbo it WACK11111

ITR engine and s80 box£1100+ WACK11111

sumary cost of hp=£££££££££ :idea:

Creepin Jesus! :shock:

All that to get 190bhp?

Some cars on here apparently get 190bhp from just air filter, exhaust, de-cat! WACK11111

I spent thousands on my Honda Accord and dont want to go down that road again! I think i will just be happy at what i have. Just thought that £200 would get me a wee bit more oomph!

Me and my mates go on roadtrips around scotland and wanted my car to be a 'B road killer' and the extra oomph was for that!

As said previous....mgzs suspension....for roadtrips!

Thanks very much for the info...appreciated. 8-)

same happened to me, had car remapped and had a print out of 185bhp, then had car rolling roaded and figure's come at 174bhp...? all roller's are different. you can go some place's and they will tell you it's 1000bhp..lol

^^^ agree with the above.

I would throw that short ram in the bin and put the standard box back on with a pannel filter in, put the standard fpr back on also as you dont need one unless you going boost or have 230bhp or more iirc,

I did a test with cone filters vs standard box with pannel filter in, on a certain stretch of road from stop to a gateway with long arm filter on i could get 110mph, with short ram little over a ton! With standard box with cold air feed i am getting 115-120! This is using launch control to make the test as fair as poss!

i would reccomend, itr cams, intake manifold, headers 2.5" exhaust, leave the rest alone. with those mods you'll be scratching at the 175whp mark maybee alittle more.. depending on the tuner. sounds as if you already have a programmable ecu of sorts so most of the probs are taken care of. my old c4 i had these mods and my UNTUNED (mild street tune using s300) hp went from 154 to 171 and tq went from 114 to 137 . all at the fly... but my motor is in a mini.. its as fun as it sounds :twisted:

dyno's are just a tool. remember that. one dyno could say 180whp another could say 220 whp. the dyno i went to was a hydraulic dyno that hooks to the hubs, they are the most accurate you can get but they only deal with the power at the wheels. theyre called the heart break dyno. if i took my mini to another rr dyno it would say something rediculous like 240 bhp, all because of the wheel size/gear set im using.

Intresting wil dont supose you got sister in the car scene was talking to someone who said there bro had mini ect with honda engine was at the lotus track day at snetterton 2- months ago :?:

no, im an american stationed at raf lakenheath. i would love to drive my mini on snedderton mkt. but for now ill keep to what i know. when i get it back to the states ill prolly get more into road courses.

on a side note, tdi south is prolly one of the best places to get a legit tune/dyno done.