MGZS Suspension...Dakar Edition...WITH PICS

burbleboy

Was it lowered before?

No mate, only aftermarket mods were 17" wheels and rear parking sensors. Everything else was standard and springs that came off the car were black, a sign of standard springs in my opinion as lowered springs are usually coloured.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this reply from ebay seller, CW Dismantlers;

Dear burbleboy,

HI, AT THE END OF THE DAY THESE ARE NOT MEANT FOR CIVICS THEY ARE MEANT FOR HEAVY ENGINED ZS'S WITH BIG HEAVY V6'S IN. WE HAVE ALREADY TOLD THAT QUERY FROM EARLY THAT WE DO NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER ZS THEN THE 2.5 V6 WE ARE DVLA CONNECTED AND ALL INFO IS LOGGED ON THERE STRAIGHT FROM THE VIN. THESE SPRINGS ARE USED TO A HEAVY V6 SAT THERE NOW REPLACE THAT WITH A LIGHTWEIGHT HONDA LUMP THEN YOU ARE BOUND TO SIT HIGHER. BEST REGARDS CW

- cwvehicledismantlers

Not very helpful. :roll:

I have done my research before buying these and everyone that has fitted the V6 suspension says that its great and lowere approx 20mm. I hope that is correct info as my car sits terrible...ref the pics. Front is higher than rear which will no doubt ADD unsersteer. :cry:

Having seen the recent post on here it seems that my shockers have been supplied incorrect!

Correct front shocker part numbers; RNB000370, RNB000330

Part numbers i have been supplied; RNB000170, RNB000160

Also the front springs have a yellow stripe down then which according to other thread are from a 2.0L. WTF?

Rear springs are blue which i'm not sure about tbh.

I have emailed the ball bags to demand an explination on why this has happened as there system is DVLA tracked or whatever. blah blah blah.

We could just send him a link to this thread and let words of our members do the job?

I emailed them last night (i work nightshift) and checked my email at 6pm tonight...NOTHING! They were quite happy to email my yesterday with abuse but when i identified the problem...silence!

Yeah they told me to call them and gave me the dvla bulls**t. When I said the part numbers are for normal rover 45 they didn't reply. I will be reporting them to eBay for sure, dunno if that will do anything though. I wouldn't fancy going down there either, looks rough as...

But surely they can either refund our money or give us what we ordered?

Others off this site have had suspension before and have been happy with it, so curely CW can swop over the suspension and keep us all kinda happy?

I will be phoning them tomorrow at 8am after my shift and demanding that they sort out the dilemma. If they dont sort out the dilemma then i will inform them that there are a few people poised to take ebay action. :x:shock: Maybe that will make them think about trade descriptions act etc and sort it out before it snowballs into them being banned or something!

Let you know details of conversation later....if they pick up the phone!