CW Dismantlers....Results.

burbleboy

I wouldn't take the spring colour info from that other forum as gospel do you know where they got the info from, think my shocks are rnb000160 and rnb00170 fronts, the springs have blue stripes on the rears but nothing on the fronts.

I'm not saying these guys are perfect and I didn't get mine from there so I don't know what they're like to deal with but they say they only break zs's and I've only ever seen zs stuff listed in the shop nothing from the lower models.

I know that doesn't help you much, sorry you're having so many problems and hope you sort something soon. Are you going to try fitting these ones :?::?:

They have said every time that the only deal with zs stuff.

I will keep the first shockers (better condition) they sent me and put either standard civic springs or the 2nd set of springs they sent me...whatever looks the lowest when layed out side by side! Keeping shockers as thats an upgrade in itselelf!

Cheers

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right here we go;

2nd lot of front suspension arrived and had shocker part number rnb000160 / rnb000170 with blue and orange paint markings.

Fitted them but EXACTLY like 1st set-up, high as dakar! Going to keep shockers on and maybe re-fit civic springs.

Whoever said on this forum that mgzs suspension lowers car approx 20mm is talking s**te. Dont get me wrong,car goes over bumps better but sits too high to be beneficial in solving understeer.

Should never had got involved in this mod as nothing but grief from the start. Rears sit a wee bit higher than standard but are great around the corners and tyres dont rub as before, apart from that...advise not to do mod unless people that are happy with theirs, can give accurate part numbers + spring colours to help others out......

Right here we go;

2nd lot of front suspension arrived and had shocker part number rnb000160 / rnb000170 with blue and orange paint markings.

Fitted them but EXACTLY like 1st set-up, high as dakar! Going to keep shockers on and maybe re-fit civic springs.

Whoever said on this forum that mgzs suspension lowers car approx 20mm is talking poos. Dont get me wrong,car goes over bumps better but sits too high to be beneficial in solving understeer.

Should never had got involved in this mod as nothing but grief from the start. Rears sit a wee bit higher than standard but are great around the corners and tyres dont rub as before, apart from that...advise not to do mod unless people that are happy with theirs, can give accurate part numbers + spring colours to help others out......

I stand by these comments also i have a B18c4 civic and this mod has effectively screwed my car up royally wish i didnt bother either i dont know what it is but just sits all wrong and handles like a jelly, i am taking mine off the roadf until i can afford the real deal (Koni's or Monroes)

i went to pick up some more suspension from sheffield last night got their and realised enoughs enough was the same trash that i already on my car so though F this,i suppose you win some you lose some i am gutted.

indeed many times i have messed with this and figured it rather strange. i went from as follows;

MB6 dampers with james 40mm springs. good ride but low.

MG dampers with MG springs. only blue paint on springs. did lower car but rock solid.

MG dampers with jamex 40mm springs. sat even higher and made rear springs bellow out due to over compression on a smaller damper.

MG dampers with Eibach springs. as above, not to my liking

MG dampers with PI 40mm springs.. again over compressing the spring in a smaller damper causes the damper to shoot out over potholes.

now MG dampers with X-power (Eibach) springs) Happy. clears speed bumps, multi storey parking ramps. looks decent, drives comfortable. basically i can put my foot down without the need to worry my splitter will come off or manifold will scrape :P SPOT ON :D

Received my replacement fronts today and they're the same as burbleboy's - RNB000160/170 with blue and orange stripes on the springs. Date code's are October 2001. After reading this I'm in 2 minds whether to do the suspension swap. All I want is a better control over bumps and a little less body roll - Is it too much to ask!

Burbleboy - was your suspension lowered before the swap as you say your rear tyres rubbed? Mine's standard now and I don't have any tyre rubbing problems.

Received my replacement fronts today and they're the same as burbleboy's - RNB000160/170 with blue and orange stripes on the springs. Date code's are October 2001. After reading this I'm in 2 minds whether to do the suspension swap. All I want is a better control over bumps and a little less body roll - Is it too much to ask!

Burbleboy - was your suspension lowered before the swap as you say your rear tyres rubbed? Mine's standard now and I don't have any tyre rubbing problems.

Sorry for late reply, i work nightshift and use the works computer at will!

Suspension was standard on my car however, the wheels are 17" team dynamic's and the offset is different and sticks out slightly, which means very slight scrubbing on arch on hard corners as wheels in line with arch. You wont have that problem as offset is proper.

Dont get me wrong, even fiting the kit has made a difference as i want too bothered about having it lower, i just wanted better handling for A & B roads. It handles the bumps well but feel that it doesnt turn in as well due to being higher at the front.

I am going to ..wait for it...cut the front springs! That would lower slightly and as the springs are stronger anyway so it will be fine. Done that a few times and mates do it also! Spring will still seat nicely on bottom mount.

If that doesnt work then i will put MB springs onto the MG shocks.

I am fed up asking my mate to swop over suspension and try this try that so taking the other route.

Thats what i mean, it's either a hit or a miss it seems! :?:

I have blue springs on rear and it is exactly the same height as standard..and before you ask, my vti-s has a b18c4 engine etc, so its not my car! :roll::D

I still can't understand how you could have a large drop at the rear but what i will say is...it has transormed my car for the better. Tight into the corners at the rear..just wish fronts were as good! :(

Last night i went to collect my aerodeck from my brothers house ( I leant it to him as a favour coz he was back from the army on emergency last week had no means of transport) so i drove behind in my van and the missus drove the honda, it seemed all over the place on the back didnt sit evenly and when it went over bumps the back would jump to the left she hit the kurb twice didnt look too clever at all and she is a good driver before anyone says she isnt.

as a result im not sure what to do changing the suspension is going to cost a fortune think im going to sell it and let it be someone elses issue i think this car just isnt meant to handle well its a baby wagon and i want EK9/DC2 handling never going to happen.

its a sad end to some fun times :(