4-1 manifold...sound. Talk to me..

burbleboy

Hi,

I had an mb6 vti years ago and I remember that my 4-1 manifold sounded like a subaru and was quite a surprise!

Do any of you know what make that would have been?

I have looked on ebay but there are that many 4-1 manifolds to choose from!Just wanted to know the price as someone in my work may buy my 4-2-1 manifold off me!

Aaaah! Good info!

I bought one years ago on fleabay and won it in auction for around £110 at the time. But i didnt read up on manifolds or seek out what was best 4-1 or 4-2-1, just luck that it sounded awesome.

Just later in life i make wrong decisions based on experience;

I chose 4-2-1 manifold this time because i had to get 4 branches, near middle, welded to stop them vibrating against each other. This put me off buying 4-1 again so bought 4-2-1 manifold in February but unfortunately doesnt have the scooby noise! Typical! :roll:

That's the one, pretty sure you can get it cheaper though, less than £100.

4-1 for more power and scooby burble at low revs, 4-2-1 for more mid range torque. :)

very scooby sound however introduce a lot of cabin droan. i had this a while back

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAPSPEED-HOND ... 850wt_1139

note; the donut gasket from a genuine honda retailer is too big for this manifold collector. bad design really

Thanks for the info!

Im really particular and like a car to sound nice..hence my previous posts regarting rasping etc.

Do ALL 4-1 manifolds sound scooby or have they to be specifically designed unequal pipe lengths to gain the sound?

The japspeed manifolds do not state if they are unequal lengh pipes, so im assuming that all 4-1 with 2.5 bore manifolds sound great? :?: