mb2 build up..Starter problem!

Raz s

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small update! got the lip of the rear arch in primer today. it wasn't really rotten so all i did was grind down the surface rust and treat with rust converter, I think that should hold it back for a couple of years or so as it was only slightley pitted. Also seam sealed where the inner and outer arch meet so no more water can get between. Im hoping to have this side finished and in 2k primer in the next week or so.

I have now officially joined the carbon wrap gang :lol: i wrapped the surround in my mb6 cluster and im chuffed, I also fitted an alarm led in the bottom corner for when i come to fit an aftermarket one. I think it looks much better than a hole in the dash.

DSC_0132.jpg

How is the petrol gauge reading it has fuel in it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Small update time has arrived again :)

I have fitted my new cluster in today, I gave up on the idea of setting it to its correct milage after trying to do it on my old odometer and made a comlete hash of it. I think they look spot on fitted although i do need a new cluster surround as i snapped the bottom right clip off when removing it in the dark :lol: but i should imagine that there easy to get hold of.

When i started the car to see if everything worked ok After it got up to tempature it started hunting/surging, What could this be??? The car hasnt been for a good run in 2 weeks or so so maybe damp?? failing that air fuel sensor/ lambda?? any way heres a vid of the problem in question. Sorry about bad phone quality vid.

Last thing i have done is blacked my pass headlight to mach the drivers one. Im sick of it being odd :lol: pics to follow tomorrow when re-fitted.

DSC_0135.jpg

th_MOV_0134.jpg

LOL if only eh looks good with the carbonage (forgot to say) was it nice and easy to take apart i got a plan for my binacle but don't know how easy it is to

open up

Yeh its easy enough to take apart the hardest part is taking the clear plastic off the cluster. Its plastic welded/fused, so just run a sharp stanley on the top and bottom then gently pull. Dont try prying it!!! i found out the hard way but luckily i had a spare :D